Recipes of the Month: February 2023
Can’t decide what to make for dinner? The Registered Dieticians at Roller Weight Loss have gathered up three delicious recipes that you can make in no time at all.
Pan-fried Sea Bass with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1.3 lbs sea bass filet
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Season sea bass with salt and pepper.
- Fry sea bass.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 tbsp of butter.
- Lower heat, add crushed garlic and simmer for a minute or two
- Add lemon juice.
- Drizzle over fish filet when served
Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 slice of fresh low-fat mozzarella
- 1 canned in water artichoke heart, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 clove of garlic, minced
- Curry powder
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 365F
- Butterfly the chicken breast. (cut horizontally in half leaving one side uncut)
- Open and lay chicken breast flat.
- Lay mozzarella, artichoke, sun-dried tomato, basil and garlic on one half of chicken breast.
- Fold over other half of chicken breast and secure edges with toothpicks
- Sprinkle with curry powder and black pepper to taste
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
Insta-pot Greek Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into three pieces
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Place chicken pieces into the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
- Add onions on top.In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, water, garlic powder, pepper, salt, oregano, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Pour over the chicken and onions. Stir to coat.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Select a cook time of 4 minutes at high pressure.
- After the cook time is complete, allow a natural release of pressure.
- Once the pressure has released and the valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken and return to the juices in the Instant Pot, if desired.