Have you made your health a priority in the New Year? The Registered Dieticians at
Roller Weight Loss have gathered three recipes that will help you stay on track with
your nutrition goals - this month and every month!
Crustless Tuna Breakfast Quiche
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup of canned tuna
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp dill
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Chop the herbs.
- Grate the carrot, onion and zucchini.
- Drain the canned tuna.
- Mix the cream cheese with the eggs in a bowl until you see no lumps (or almost
none). Add in the rest of the ingredients, sprinkle some salt.
- Line a smaller springform or a baking pan with parchment paper. Alternatively,
you can also use a muffin pan and muffin liners to make mini quiches.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until the quiche
is ready (please make sure to check, since all ovens are different!).
- Let the quiche cool off, open the springform or take out with the parchment
- Slice and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to
Nutrition Facts Per Serving YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 125 TOTAL FAT: 6g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 3g CHOLESTEROL: 115mg SODIUM: 299mg CARBOHYDRATES: 4g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 13g
Chicken Pesto Bowls
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
- In a saucepan cook rice according to package instructions; set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add 2
tablespoons olive oil and oregano; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently
toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake until the tomatoes begin to burst and have softened,
about 15-16 minutes; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch green beans until bright green in
color, about 2 minutes. Drain well and cool in a bowl of ice water. Drain well and
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season
chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook until golden, about
3-4 minutes. Stir in pesto and gently toss to combine.
- Serve chicken immediately with rice, tomatoes and green beans.
Chili Rubbed Pulled Pork
- 3 lbs. boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine the chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder,
onion powder, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the pork butt into 2-3 inch cubes. Place the pork cubes in a large bowl,
sprinkle the prepared spice mix over top, then stir to coat the meat in the spices.
- Place the seasoned meat in a slow cooker, place the lid on top, and cook on high
for 4-5 hours, or low for 8-9 hours.
- After cooking, stir the meat with a fork to shred the meat. If it's not tender enough
to fall apart when stirred, return the lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes and
- After shredding the meat, it is ready to serve, or portion and refrigerate or freeze
until ready to use.
- Keep the shredded meat in the juices from the slow cooker until ready to serve
for the best flavor.