The Registered Dieticians at Roller Weight Loss have come up with easy and delicious healthy recipes to enjoy this summer!
Beef Stir Fry with Baby Bok Choy and Ginger
- 12 ounces beef flank steak, trimmed
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp dry sherry plus 1 Tbsp., divided
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound baby bok choy, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 3 tbsp unsalted chicken broth
- Cut beef with the grain into 2-inch-wide strips. Cut each strip across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine the beef, ginger, soy sauce, 1 tsp. sherry, and cornstarch in a medium bowl; stir until the cornstarch is no longer visible. Add sesame oil and stir until the beef is lightly coated.
- Combine oyster-flavored sauce and the remaining 1 tbsp sherry in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a wok (or a 12-inch stainless-steel skillet) over high heat until a drop of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in vegetable oil.
- Add the beef in an even layer; cook, undisturbed, until it begins to brown, about 1 minute. Using a metal spatula, stir-fry until lightly browned but not cooked through, 30 seconds to 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add bok choy and broth to the pan.
- Cover and cook until the bok choy greens are bright green and almost all the liquid has been absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan, add the reserved sauce, and stir-fry until the beef is just cooked through and the bok choy is tender-crisp, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Chunky Homemade Salsa
- 2 (15 oz) cans no salt added tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, garlic & cilantro.
- Mix well.
- Stir in cumin, lime juice & serve!
Mango Lime Popsicles
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 (3 oz) cups of popsicle molds
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- Blend the mango, lime juice, yogurt & water until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into cups or popsicle molds.
- Place craft sticks in the center of the cups or mold.
- Freezer 4 hours or until frozen through.