Here are three unique and delicious recipes from the Registered Dieticians at Roller Weight Loss that will spice up your lunch or dinner.
Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Prep the salmon. Set the air fryer to 400℉ (200℃). Pat your salmon filets dry with a paper towel.
- Add the mustard. On each salmon filet, spread one teaspoon of mustard evenly in a thin layer.
- Add the seasonings. Sprinkle each of the individual spices straight onto the salmon filet.
- Quick spray of olive oil on top to keep the salmon filet moist.
- Add two salmon filets to the air fryer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until flaky with a fork. Then repeat with the remaining two salmon filets.
Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 slice of fresh low-fat mozzarella
- 1 canned in water artichoke heart, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 clove of garlic, minced
- Curry powder
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 365F
- Butterfly the chicken breast. (cut horizontally in half leaving one side uncut)
- Open and lay chicken breast flat.
- Lay mozzarella, artichoke, sun-dried tomato, basil and garlic on one half of chicken breast.
- Fold over other half of chicken breast and secure edges with toothpicks
- Sprinkle with curry powder and black pepper to taste
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
Calories: 250kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g,
Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 449mg,
Potassium: 866mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g
Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Pork Tenderlion ingredients
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and halved
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Balsamic Rosemary Sauce ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, de-germed
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, Italian seasoning, honey, hot sauce, crumbled bouillon cube and pepper. Pulse until the marinade is emulsified and has a syrupy consistency.
- Transfer the sauce in a bowl or jar.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the pork tenderloin and cook, turning frequently, until brown on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread brussels sprouts and diced butternut, season with salt and pepper and toss with a tablespoon
- Push veggies on a side to make room for the pork tenderloin.
- Once browned, transfer the pork tenderloin onto the sheet pan. Baste thoroughly the tenderloin with half the balsamic sauce and quick drizzle Brussels sprouts.
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until pork is done and Brussels sprouts are nicely browned.
- Cut the pork tenderloin into thick 1/2-inch slices and serve with the other half of balsamic sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle the roasted Brussels sprouts with Parmesan.
Calories: 359kcal Carbohydrates: 24g Protein: 34g Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g Monounsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 420mg
Potassium: 1166mg Fiber: 7g
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast (can substitute with ground chicken, ground beef, or
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- ½ cup grated or “matchstick” carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground meat and cook, stirring until no longer pink.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add diced onion, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring for a few more minutes until onion is tender.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat.
- Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 234kcal Carbohydrates: 17g Protein: 30g Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 62mg
Sodium: 629mg Potassium: 735mg Fiber: 4g Sugar: 9g